The following list highlights a few current and future issues that we will be faced with as the Brea Olinda School Board enters
into the next 4 year term.
- Reduce class size
- Facility improvements, maintenance and repair needs
- Completion of the reconstruction of Fanning Elementary
- Getting technology up-to-date at every school site, including completing the wifi installation currently in progress
- Implementation of the Common Core Standards set to be established by 2015
- Working with the City of Brea, along with other community organizations, to move forward to revitalize Lagos De Moreno Park and Laurel’s lower playground
- Budget challenges – due to the decrease in state funding, BOUSD will receive only 80% of the funds this year compared to the previous year.
- Long-term investment planning and use of the $25M that BOUSD will receive from the sale of Brea Corporate Place
- Anticipated sale of the Brea Marketplace property in 2016